Sunday 7 March 2010

New beginnings...

Ok, so I thought it best to set up a proper blogging site to update about my ongoing work towards my exhibition in May '10.

To cover so far, I was shortlisted along with 11 others from my degree show from the East Midlands to write a proposal for an exhibition. A proposal was written back at the end of '0
9 and accepted for a bursary to create new works for a group exhibition consisting of 5 recent Art graduates. The Exhibition will be called Future Focus and is a chance for recent graduates to get their name out there.

Basically I am getting some money to make some lovely sexy films and then the chance to exhibit them in a lovely gallery space in Derby called QUAD. The bursary gives us the chance to be mentored throughout, with regular meetings with the mentor, curators and the technicians within the gallery space. Also throughout the six week exhibition there will be a professional practice group seminar for the public to attend. (This bit terrifies me!)

Our first major deadline was on the 1st of this month, having to present images and text for the brochure, which then may be used for press releases and such like...
I'm not sure what images will be used but I had sent 5 altogether...

Are memories always there?

Stuck in the continual focus of our minds?

Do they ever disappear?

Ever vanish completely?

Are they hiding just waiting for a trigger to drag them to the surface?

Remembered memories, are they real? Did they actually happen or are they just a figment of our imagination?

Can we create a memory?


More to update at a later date!

Bekka

x X x


1 comment: