Thursday 7 April 2011

Catch up!

Well,

I am complete rubbish, I never finished with my blog, I never did an end to my exhibition for followers... whether anyone really cares? I will indeed do an update, right now, to an exhibition which was almost a whole year ago!!

My final set up day was hectic, the electrician was in for most of the day, putting wires around the space... from what I can remember I was in until pretty pretty late! Painting the plynths and placing projectors and suspending my films... It was so exciting to put the finishing touches on the piece...

So the day of the opening arrived the excitement was immense, hotel booked, friends journeys planned from afar, flights booked... and flights cancelled due to the ash cloud! Meaning my good friend whom I started my journey in the art world with couldn't make it!! I was so upset! But the show went on as they say! Others arrived... My friend arrived from the north, to Leicester to take me and an other to Derby, we arrived at the hotel, booked in and headed to the gallery to make sure everything was ok and put a couple of finishing touches to the film, we then explored a little more of Derby, heading back to the hotel to get ready, then meeting my relatives at the gallery just before, My mum and step dad, My grandparents, My dad, my brother and 2 cousins. It was so exciting!

It was brilliant, a beautiful evening of art, people, speeches, wine and an immense feeling of being so proud to see your own work being looked at and praised by so many different people, strangers, friends and family... it was completely awesome!

I have added some photos here of my exhibition piece...


No comments:

Post a Comment